Mount Moriah #39 will meet at 7PM on Wednesday, October 21 at 7. We will be hearing proficiencies on several degrees to start. After that, we will be open on the First Degree to hear a lecture from WB Kier Hales on Masonry in the Stars. All current and visiting Brothers are welcome. Prospective members are always welcome to visit with us from 6-7 PM.
Mount Moriah #39 has the following events coming up, plus some other items of interest.
- Wednesday, September 30th at 6:30 – Social at the lodge. Prospective members are particularly invited to come down and meet with us. No official meeting, just a time to socialize and reconnect. Light refreshments. Casual dress.
- Wednesday, October 7th, starting at 6:30 – Casual dinner at 6:30 with the Stated Business Meeting to follow at 7:30. Dinner is open to all Brothers, visiting Brothers, and prospective members. The Meeting is open only to current and visiting Brothers. Dress is suit and tie for the meeting.
- Saturday, October 10th at 10:00 – The Nevada Masonic Leadership Conference will be held online. NV Masons can register here.
- Wednesday, October 14th at 7:00 – Entered Apprentice Degree. Open to all Brothers and visiting Masons. Suit & tie.
- Wednesday, October 21st at 7:00 – Proficiencies and Education. The lodge will open and hear proficiencies from Brothers on several degrees. Then we will have an educational lecture from WB Kier Hales on Masonry in the Stars. Open to all Brothers and visiting Masons. Business Casual.
- Wednesday, October 28th at 7:00 – Master Mason Degree. Open to all Brothers and visiting Master Masons. Suit & tie.
- Monday & Tuesday, November 9-10 – Grand Lodge of Nevada Annual Communication. Registration and details are here.
On Wednesday, September 23rd at 7PM, the Lodge will host an educational presentation on The Cardinal Virtues of Freemasonry. There will not be an official meeting that night and this lecture is open to all Masons, their family, friends, invited guests, and prospective members.
The speaker will be the Worshipful Master of Mount Moriah Lodge: Br John Krikorian.
Dress is business casual.
On Wednesday, August 26 at 7PM, the officers of Robert Burns Lodge UD, will be performing a courtesy degree at Mount Moriah #39, for inspection by the Grand Lodge. This will be a Fellowcraft degree. However, the Lodge will open and close on the 3rd Degree, lowering down for the degree portion as part of the inspection.
The event will begin at 7PM and is open to all Master Masons and visiting Master Masons. Jacket and tie.
Mount Moriah #39 will has the following events planned for September. Please note that all events are tentative and dependent upon directives from the State and Local governments, and directives of the MW Grand Master. Please do check back on either our website or Facebook, where any last minute changes will be posted.
- Wednesday, August 26 – the officers of Robert Burns Lodge UD, will be performing a courtesy degree at Mount Moriah #39, for inspection by the Grand Lodge. This will be a Fellowcraft degree. The exact time is TBD but will be posted when available. Suit and tie.
- Saturday, August 29 at 8AM – Lodge practice for officers. Since it has been a long time since we met, we will be practicing our first degree opening and closing and reviewing the rules for meetings during the COVID pandemic. Casual dress.
- Wednesday, September 2nd – We will be serving pizza at the lodge at 6:30 with our Stated Meeting to follow at 7:30. Dress is suit and tie for the meeting. Originally the Grand Master was to have his official visit, but that has been canceled. This will be a normal stated meeting, open to all Brothers and visiting Brothers. Prospective members are welcome to join us from 6:30 to 7:30 for pizza, or just for socializing.
- Saturday, September 5 at 8 AM – Lodge practice for Master Mason degree for anyone holding a part. This practice will be critical since it will be a step-up night at the next degree. Casual.
- Wednesday, September 9 at 7PM – Master Mason Degree, open to all Master Masons in good standing. The Senior Warden will be conferring the degree. Suit and tie.
- Wednesday, September 16 at 7PM – Master Mason Degree, open to all Master Masons in good standing. Suit and tie.
- Wednesday, September 23 at 7PM – Proficiencies for any Brother who is ready. Possible education as well. Business casual dress.
- Wednesday, September 30 at 6:30PM – Social hour for prospective members. Any and all prospective members are invited to the Lodge to socialize with the Brothers. Light snacks and refreshments will be served.